Deadline submitting candidate: Before 3/19/20 12:00
Reference : Application Specialist (Senior) (192590)
We’re looking for a 4-7 years’ experience (Senior) Application Specialist to assist in the Talent for All.
Ramping up in the team to fulfill productivity expectations from Business.
The person should be self-organizing, agile mindset, autonomous, multiskilled, communicative, responsible, reliable, driven, honest, Good Attitude, Leadership, Positive, Structured, Solution Oriented, Result/Delivery Focused, Holistic, Sense for Details, Team Player, Independent.
Roles that the consultant should have experience from is Solution Owner, Project Manager and Service Operations Owner. It is also wished but not required to have Business Analyst and Solution Architect background.
The scope of the consultant services is to assist IKEA in..
Responsible for clarifying business needs, requirement mgmt, master data integrations, design, solution alternatives and test mgmt connected to solutions in the platforms
• Support in analysis and form outlook of the current solutions in operations in respective Platform Area
• Set up a business analysis approach and plan, to support the required business development activities (initiatives and releases).
• Drive scope related forums that prioritize and manage the backlog and its dependencies (such as Change Control Board and Architectural Design Board, as well as incident resolution defects in the backlog)
• Clarify requirements, analyse, challenge and document all business needs for on-going initiatives and existing solutions not yet on re-engineering roadmap
• Drive scope related activities end to end, securing the required business development activities during transition state (including Requirements, Design, Development, and Test) for the solution. Secure BAT, UAT planning, preparation & execution, test case definition together with key stakeholders
• Identify alternatives and the business consequences and risks with solution alternatives for process, user and IT organisation, tools and information.
• Assure quality and traceability of stakeholder needs and business requirements, and support the evaluation of solution alternatives.
• Assure data quality in our own master data as well as integrated master data. Map and design transactional and master data to and from the right source with the appropriate integration type.
• Assure appropriate database, infrastructure and technology for the solutions to conform to the target application landscape.
• Communicate, clarify and safeguard evolving business needs along a project or solution life cycle.
• Review test plans and test cases to ensure compliance to the requirements. Support the planning and execution of testing activities.
• Support solution re-engineering by sharing deep platform expertise about e.g. platform development history, linkages to other platforms, outlook on vendor components, and detailed needs (such as infrastructure, databases, integrations), and sharing insight in how the re-engineering work fits in the overall platform roadmap and in the future capability area homes
Desired knowledge, experience, competence skills etc.
Good knowledge of the relevant business context, IKEA strategies, processes and dependencies
• Extensive knowledge and experience in business analysis and modelling, requirements management process.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in solution design, mapping, data storage technologies, integration technologies
• Basic knowledge of configuration management and validation, including test methods and tools.
• Understanding of different delivery methods and software lifecycle management.
• Understanding of IKEA application landscape and the technology & architectural aspects of the solutions as well as implemented functionality.
• Up-to-date with market trends and best practice within Business Analysis and Solution Design
• Ability to address challenges creatively and pragmatically. Working with the big picture and in small details.
• Analytical ability to elicit, find patterns and identify opportunities in a structured manner.
• Excellent listening skills, and able to communicate complex scenarios in a structured and comprehensive way.
• Ability to lead with a business mind-set, challenge stakeholders and determine what is relevant.
• Ability to plan and facilitate workshops and activities
• Ability to collaborate with other specialists in order to find the best architectural design for the solutions going forward
Honest, Good Attitute, Self-Organised, Leadership, Driver, Communicative, Positive, Responsible/Ownership, Structured, Solution Oriented, Result/Delivery Focused, Holistic, Sense for Details, Team Player, Independent
Three most important things
IT/Technology service operations (Junior)
Period and Location
Project start date: ASAP
Project end date: 8/31/2020
Total estimated hours: 850
Primary working site(s) will be: Working from consultant office
There is some travel required outside the primary working site(s).
When you send in candidates with IKEA experience, it´s mandatory to provide IKEA references (1-2 references per candidate)
Compensation for overtime requested by IKEA will be compensated with the contracted hourly rate, no additional mark-up will be applied.
Mandatory consultant information for applying to this role (included in notes or separately in the portal)
– Place of residence (city)
– Possible start date (year-month-date)
– Minimum one reference (Name, company, contact details)
– Please note that CV and motivation must be in English!